Tour of Tigray Rock Hewn churches
- Days1Locations coveredAddis AbabaDescriptionArrive in Addis Ababa meets our representatives, and transfer to hotelAccommodationJupiter Hotel (4)Meal plansDinner
- Days2Locations coveredAxumDescriptionFly to Axum; In Axum(world heritage site),visit the famous stele park with its ancient huge monolithic obelisks, ruined palaces of different Axumite kings including that of the Queen of Sheba, ancient stone inscriptions, subterranean tombs, the church of St. Mary of Zion where the original Ark of the Covenant is believed to be housed etc.AccommodationRemhai Hotel (Not applicable)Meal plans
- Days3Locations coveredHawzenDescriptionYou drive to the small town of Hawzen; En-route visits the ancient Temple of Yeha (5th. C.BC), and climb the built up monastery of Debre Damo which is allowed only for men, then continue to Gheralta.Meal plans
- Days4Locations coveredMekeleDescriptionContinue your trip to Mekele from Gheralta; En-route visit some selected Tigray Rock hewn Churches, based on their architectural and painting qualities. These churches include DugumSilassie, AbrehaAtsbeha and WukroKirkos.AccommodationAxum Hotel (Not applicable)Meal plans
- Days5Locations coveredAddis AbabaDescriptionTransfer to the airport and fly back to Addis Ababa. Then, sightseeing tour in Addis Ababa which includes; the Ethnological Museum in the former palace of King Hailesillassie, the National (Archaeological) Museum where, among other archaeological findings, the oldest hominid fossil (Lucy) is exhibited, Merkato_ the largest open air market in Africa and the superb Holy Trinity Cathedral. In the evening, you will be invited farewell dinner in one of the best traditional restaurants of the capital with a show of folkloric music and dances of the different Ethiopian people. Transfer to air port to your departure flight.
What other customers say...
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Mesfin Sweden China is well aware that it has lost its advantage, and its leaders want to use the same technologies that have leveled the playing field to give the country a new strategic edge. In May 2015, China launched a 10-year plan, called Made in China 2025, to modernize its factories with advanced manufacturing technologies, such as robotics, 3-D printing and the Industrial Internet. 0
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Sweden China has made this a national priority and is making massive investments. Just one province, Guangdong, committed to spending $150 billion to equip its factories with industrial robots and create two centers dedicated to advanced automation. 0
Our tour diary
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Sweden After all, American robots work as hard as Chinese robots. And they also don’t complain or join labor unions. They all consume the same electricity and do exactly what they are told. It doesn’t make economic sense for American industry to ship raw materials and electronics components across the globe to have Chinese robots assemble them into finished goods that are then shipped back. 0
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Mesfin Sweden Most Chinese robots are also not made in China. An analysis by Dieter Ernst of the East-West Center showed that 75 percent of all robots used in China are purchased from foreign firms (some with assembly lines in China), and China remains heavily dependent on the import of core components from Japan. 0