Arbaminch, konso, Yabello tour
- Days1Locations coveredAddis AbabaDescriptionArrive in Addis Ababa, meet our staff and get transferred to the hotel.AccommodationJupiter Hotel (4)Meal plansDinner
- Days2Locations coveredAddis Ababa-ArbaminchDescriptionDrive from Addis Ababa to Arbaminch. En-route you visit Tiya (World Heritage Site registered by UNSCO). This site is famous for its ancient monolithic stele which is engraved with some fascinating symbols.AccommodationSwaynes Hotel (Not applicable)Meal plans
- Days3Locations coveredArbaminchDescriptionIn the morning, you will have boat trip on Lake Chamo to visit some herds of hippo, aquatic birdlife, and huge sunbathing crocodiles on its shore. Through the boat trip, you will also visit Nech SAR National Park. In the afternoon, excursion drives to the highland people of the Dorze to visit their excellent beehive shaped bamboo houses, fertile grounds of false banana and colorful waving products.AccommodationSwaynes Hotel (Not applicable)Meal plans
- Days4Locations coveredKonsoDescriptionDrive to Konso. The Konso people are famous for their traditional terracing system and Waka Totem (Grave wooden totem). Today, you will be able to visit the compound and house of the Chief of Kertita Clan and his chiefly artifacts. En-route, you see the beautiful terraced agricultural fields of the Konso. Then, proceed to Yabello; the area after the Konso land is inhabited by the Borena Oromo.Meal plans
- Days5Locations coveredKonsoDescriptionFrom Yabello, visit Elsod crater where down the crater Borena men extract salt for their cattle and also visit the Borena singing wells at Dublock.
- Days6Locations coveredKonso-AwassaDescriptionDrive across the beautiful coffee land of the Sidama people to Awassa. On the way there at around Wenago, you visit the Tutu Fella Stones Site.
- Locations coveredAwassa-Addis AbabaDescriptionIn the morning, visit Awassa fish market and its birdlife on the shore of Lake Awassa. Then, continue across the rift valley by visiting Abijata-Shala National Park back to Addis Ababa. In the evening, you are invited farewell dinner in one of the best traditional restaurants of the capital for traditional Ethiopian dish. Transfer to the airport and depart
What other customers say...
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Mesfin Sweden China is well aware that it has lost its advantage, and its leaders want to use the same technologies that have leveled the playing field to give the country a new strategic edge. In May 2015, China launched a 10-year plan, called Made in China 2025, to modernize its factories with advanced manufacturing technologies, such as robotics, 3-D printing and the Industrial Internet. 0
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Sweden China has made this a national priority and is making massive investments. Just one province, Guangdong, committed to spending $150 billion to equip its factories with industrial robots and create two centers dedicated to advanced automation. 0
Our tour diary
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Sweden After all, American robots work as hard as Chinese robots. And they also don’t complain or join labor unions. They all consume the same electricity and do exactly what they are told. It doesn’t make economic sense for American industry to ship raw materials and electronics components across the globe to have Chinese robots assemble them into finished goods that are then shipped back. 0
- 2016-08-27 2016-08-31 Ayehou Mesfin Sweden Most Chinese robots are also not made in China. An analysis by Dieter Ernst of the East-West Center showed that 75 percent of all robots used in China are purchased from foreign firms (some with assembly lines in China), and China remains heavily dependent on the import of core components from Japan. 0